As with many areas in the United States, rental demand continues to climb in the Islandia area area. The latest data from the Federal Reserve suggests that now is a great time to be a property owner since during the last three months of 2015 property owner’s rental income added up to about 4.3 percent of the U.S. national income. Meanwhile, key takeaways from the “Emerging Trends in Real Estate” report published by the Urban Land Institute and pwc has us looking forward to successful investments for properly managed rental assets.
It is important to be aware of changes to real property law and contract law. Perhaps what is more valuable is to have a lease reviewed by a lawyer who specializes in landlord/tenant law. Our management professionals always make use of a carefully worded Islandia, New York lease agreement that has been reviewed by an attorney.
A few tips on getting your dishes cleaner out of your dishwasher:
1. Make sure the water heater is set between 120-125 degrees
2. Purge your water in the sink before running the dishwasher. Make sure the water is hot so the dishwasher water will be hot from the beginning of the wash cycle. This is important since the hot water helps break down any stuck on particles, it also prevents clogs.
3. Every so often wash your dishwasher. Use 1 cup of white vinegar and run an empty cycle. This will get rid of soap and calcium build-up.
1. Floors – About 80% of dirt in your home is the tracked-in from outside. If you set a doormat, the bristly kind, outside the door it will help to leave the dirt where it belongs.. outdoors! Also, dust settles into gouges and indents made by furniture on floors and turns into grime, making it tougher to clean. If you are handy, slice wine corks into disks and glue them to the bottoms of furniture and heavy structures/pottery, or buy the stick on adhesive felt pads for the bottom of everything.
2. Furniture – Keep a dusting cloth in various places throughout your home so you can grab it to dust furniture anytime you notice an accumulation. Patterned upholstery conceals dirt better than solid fabric. Also, wipe pets with a microfiber cloth or a specialty pet wipe every day to reduce the amount of dander.
3. Light Fixtures – Once a week or so, mist a few squirts (from a foot away for safety reasons) of room deodorizer on cool light-bulbs. The next time you turn the light on, the heat from the bulb will activate the scent.
4. Walls – Arrange furniture about six inches away from the walls instead of up against them, there will be fewer smudges from bumping to fix later. You’ll also have easier access to dust corners.
5. Window Coverings – Open and close your window blinds, curtains, shades, etc. often to displace dust from the fabric instead of letting it sit until you get around to cleaning it. When it falls to the floor, run a dust mop or wet paper towel over the surface.
There are many levels of gardening and landscaping that can be done.. a couple different budgeted ways to garden are:
For free you can clean up existing plant beds. Remove the weeds, dead plants and overgrown plants. Prune the shrubs, just remember not everyone likes square bushes! Trim tree branches that hang to low and discard any that can create a danger.